Monday, July 27, 2009

Going to the beach requires changing clothes

So, I decided today would be a good day to head to the beach, since I'm not feeling well in real life (IRL, as I learned the pros call it) but it's pretty outside (also IRL, but since I can control the weather, I know it will be nice in SL too.)

When I showed up in my beach of choice, I got a free Diet Pepsi! Go product placement!

Then I found a towel that let me sunbathe. It was at this point I realized that perhaps I should find a bathing suit. Not ready to leave the beach for shopping, though, I soldiered on in my full outfit.






I found a free jetski! The lag on my internet connection made it hard to steer with any accuracy, though, and I ended up riding over a buoy.





I decided to stick to the pool instead. Here, I'm doing the breaststroke.









Then I went back to land-based activities. I found a free skateboard, but couldn't figure out how to use it in the skate park. In this picture, you can see that I have attached the skateboard to my body such that it goes into my thigh. Whoops.




After having left the beach, I went "freebie shopping" at new citizen-friendly locations and starting playing with my outfit so that I would be better prepared for next time I needed a new wardrobe. Turns out that the free stuff is not always high quality stuff. Who would have thought? Anyway, I morphed into a rocker chick for the next few days. As I would ask my students in their project, what does this appearance say about my character? I think it says, "Go ahead. I dare you to mess with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment